Thursday, January 28, 2016

Interview: A Designer

As I mentioned before in my previous posts, ornament plays an important role in the Han clothing world, which indicates that people who design traditional ornaments are also popular among Han clothing fans. Mega is one of those popular ornament designers. Her online store gains more than 500 fans in only two weeks, a lot of celebrities gave full praise and high recommendation about it.

  1. Q:How did you know about Han clothing in the first place?
A:I was extremely obsessed with ancientry in high school. I searched almost everything that related to it online, and I saw Han clothing at that time. It hit me straightly.


  1. Q:How do you think about the Han clothing renewal movement?
A:Well, I got to know about that six years ago. At that time, not many people knew about it, but they still tried so hard. Their insistence touched me, and I decided to help them by joining the group. After six years, I saw more and more people join the family, the activities become more official and interesting, the progress is obvious. But more people bring more problems, sometimes I felt tired about arguing about different opinions.


  1. Q:Do you prefer the original Han clothings or the Han modern clothes?
A:I was attracted by the original Han clothing, but now I would prefer the one that I can actually wear on the street. However, for me, Han modern clothes are mostly ugly and poorly designed nowadays. As a designer, I would like to make it more unique and special to attract more people.


  1. Q:How do you think about innovation in Han clothing?
A:There is no doubt that our ancestor designed their clothes like that for a reason, and if we want to win the Han cultural renewal movement, there is something that we have to insist and never give up. However, modern clothes replace the traditional clothes for a better reason as well, I believe some innovation can help the modern people like is more.


  1. Q:Anything you want to say to Han clothing?
A:I will continue loving you in 2016, you taught me a lot, it is time for me to help you look better.

No comments:

Post a Comment