Sunday, January 31, 2016

Interview: A Han Clothing shopkeeper

Huanran Wang owns an online store named "Lotus", which sells Han clothing in China. She has been running that store for more than five years. Her store sells almost all the classical forms of Han clothing and she designed most of them. There are more than a hundred of people go to her store online each month in order to buy the Han clothing that she designed, and her store gains 4.5 out of 5 stars among the customers.

  1. Q:As a Han clothing shopkeeper, which element do you concern as the most important one?
A:Well, even if I sell Han clothing rather than modern things, I am still a shopkeeper. The most important element for me is the profit indeed. But I know well that Han clothing is not just a clothes. Only a few people know about that and fewer people accept it. After making sure that I can have profit, I will spend most of my energy on making sure that the quality and design are as good as possible.


  1. Q:I know that you are a big Han clothing fan before being a shopkeeper, why do you want to open a store that sells Han clothing?
A:I want to do something real for the Han culture renewal movement. I think open a store will be helpful, because as long as your clothes are beautiful enough, you can attract more people’s interest about it. The real clothes are definitely more attractive than the online pictures.


  1. Q:Which sells better? The traditional Han clothing or the Han modern clothing?
A:Han modern clothing indeed. Because there are a lot of people like Han clothing, but most of them think it is too embarrassed to wear it outside, and they will choose Han modern clothing instead.


  1. Q:Then will you focus more on Han modern clothing for more profit and gradually reduce selling the traditional Han clothing?
A:Actually, on the contrary, I am considering about reducing making Han modern clothing. For me, Han modern clothing is the introduction for traditional Han clothing, it is helpful for the freshman, but if we only have Han modern clothing, people will never get the chance to know about the deeper meaning of Han clothing or Han culture. It violates my initial purpose of opening this store. I will never do that.


  1. Q:Tell me about your expectation for Han clothing development in the future.
A:I hope people in the Han clothing circle can seek common ground while reserving differences during the process, I understand that there are some divergences about Han clothing study, but if we ourselves can't unite together, Han clothing can never develop well. Anyway, hope we have a great future.

No comments:

Post a Comment